Monday 28 March 2011

25 Random facts about me...

I'm the sort of person who always looks on the 'about' page of a website.

I always like to know a little bit about the people behind a business, this is especially true when I'm buying into a personal service.

I'm guessing many other people are the same.

For this reason I thought it would be good idea to let both my 'old' clients and any new ones know a little bit about me.

So, with out further ado here are 25 random facts about me:

1) I was born in Poole, Dorset on the 16 May 1985 meaning that I'm now 25.

2) I lived in Australia for just under 2 years, when my Dad was posted there with the Armed Forces, unfortunately I don't remember any of it as I was still a baby.

3) I worked on the 'road works' for 6 months when saving to go away travelling.

4) Up until about the age of 20 I only read about one book a year (through choice), I now read 2-3 a month.

5) My full name is Alexander John George Taylorson, my middle names are both of my grandfathers' first names.

6) I passed my driving test first time (must have been lucky).

7) I was a qualified lifeguard for 6 years while studying, worryingly I don't regard myself as a great swimmer.

8) After living with a 'best mate' who's from Somerset at University for 3 years, I much prefer cider to lager or ale.

9) During a 'gap year' I was lucky enough to travel in South America visiting Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Chile and Bolivia.

10) I'm terrible at spelling, which I blame on being dyslexic - to prove the point I took 3 goes at spelling dyslexic correctly while writing this ;-)

11) My mum is now retired, but was a primary school teacher

12) I currently have no points on my driving licence (touch wood it says that way).

13) I live with my wife Gemma in Ringwood, making my morning commute less than 5 mins.

14) I went to The University of Chichester to study Sports Therapy, Gemma my wife was on my course.

15) Some things on my 'to-do list' include running a marathon, skydiving, owning my own home, speaking in front of over 500 people, owning a super car (even if it's only for a short period)...

16) I'm as happy being on my own as I am being with a big group of people - I enjoy both.

17) I've climbed Jebel Toubkal (Morocco), the highest mountain in North Aftrica at 4,167m.

18) I love learning about how the body works.

19) One of my favourite pass times is having a meal with close friends or family, either at home or at a nice restaurant.

20) I have 1 sister, who's 3 years older than me.

21) I visited Nepal when I was 14 on a school trip which was a real eye opener.

22) I'm terrible at endurance sports, although I'm working on this. I'm much better at team sports where there are regular 'rest periods'.

23) I own a second company called Rehab Software Pro which is designed to help Physiotherapists and Sports Therapist create exercise handouts for their patients.

24) I've set off dynamite in the desert, while travelling in Bolivia (this was very good fun)

25) I love getting outdoors and going hill walking or mountain biking.


No comments:

Post a Comment